Friday, May 20, 2011

I Capture the Castle

Who knew?—Dodie Smith, the author of #99 on my list also wrote The Hundred and One Dalmatians.


I think I've seen the movie (of Castle, that isbut I'm not sure. All I know is that this book has been making the rounds in my friends' YA reading lists and adult book clubs. So it's time for me to see what the buzz is about.


Upon the novel's reissue, the LA Times had this to say:
"It is an occasion worth celebrating when a sparkling novel, a work of wit, irony and feeling, is brought back into print after an absence of many years. So uncork the champagne for I Capture the Castle."


Santé. Cheers. Here we go. 

1 comment:

  1. Who wouldn't want to read a story about a girl living in a run-down castle who writes in a sink? What a great start!

    I think if I had found this book when I was thirteen, I would have adored it, from cover to cover. And I did like so much about it...but...

    ReplyDelete

Labels

indiebound

Followers

my favorite books

The Magician's Elephant
Ash
The Sky Is Everywhere
Keeper
On the Jellicoe Road
Home of the Brave
The Higher Power of Lucky
Pictures of Hollis Woods
}